Certainly not for the "blob of tissue." If you believe freedom of "choice" is tied to accurate and complete information regarding opposing alternatives, then certainly not for the mother or her parents (in the case of minors).
If, for example, in the process of applying for a job you withhold germane information about yourself you present yourself as "someone else," you have impeded a prospective employer's ability to choose whether or not to hire you as opposed to the impostor you portray. "Choice" without true and complete information is no choice at all.
Someone recently asked me, “What legal impediments [to abortion] does this law ["Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)"] remove?”
According to Americans United for Life, fifteen "impediments" to abortion that will be overturned by FOCA are:
- Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003.
- Hyde Amendment (restricting taxpayer funding of abortions).
- Restrictions on abortions performed at military hospitals.
- Restrictions on insurance coverage for abortion for federal workers.
- Informed consent laws requiring parents to be notified if a minor is seeking abortion.
- Waiting periods.
- “Delayed enforcement” laws if Roe v. Wade is ever overturned or abortion is returned to the states.
- Parental consent and notification laws.
- Health and safety regulations for abortion clinics.
- Right of licensed physicians to not perform abortions.
- Bans on abortion after viability.
- Limits on taxpayer funding for elective abortions.
- Limits on the use of public facilities for abortion.
- State and federal legal protections for healthcare providers who refuse to participate in abortions.
Baby boomers gave us abortion. Absent the Social Security revenues that would have been generated by 50-million aborted taxpayers, boomer generation progeny will give boomers geriatric euthanasia, particularly in economic hard times. The boomer generation taught their offspring that life is only important if it is convenient. When boomers are are old and inconvenient, their children do likewise.
Granted, I speak in simplistic, broad strokes, but mark my words - America's hospices, nursing homes and hospitals will become killing centers for the aged or disabled. We are already moving in that direction.